“Extra Mile” Servant Leader of the Year
The “Extra Mile” awards (6) and first runners up (6) are designed to recognize caring adults in Arlington who serve on staff or as a volunteer and go the “extra mile” to help our youth develop and mature. They epitomize servant leadership which focuses first on service to others (youth) and then on building helpful community support. Three awards will be given to persons with a great volunteer profile. Three other equal awards will be given to the person with the best staff profile. While nominations may reflect activities in both areas, their nomination may be for only one award.
Servant Leadership is a very appropriate concept for the “youth challenge” our community faces. In order to meet this challenge, our community must encourage adults in every neighborhood or agency to be a servant leader—and to go the “extra mile” to help our youth. Organizations serving our youth are encouraged to review the requirements for these awards and make appropriate nominations before the nomination deadline. Since six awards will be given, each organization may nominate a different person for the volunteer and staff award.
All approved nominees for the Extra Mile Award will be honored at the First Rate Living Luncheon sponsored by First Rate, Inc. on Thursday, April 11th, 2019. Each nominee will be recognized for their service to our youth and community and receive a trophy and certificate recognizing they have gone the extra mile.
A selection committee will review all nominations and select those that best epitomize the meaning of a servant leader. The six winners will each receive a special trophy recognizing them as an “Extra Mile” Servant Leader of the Year and will each be given the opportunity to designate a 501(c)3 charity to receive a $1500 donation in their honor from First Rate, Inc. A total of 6 runners up will also be recognized with each awardee given the opportunity to designate a non-profit to receive a donation of $500.
“Extra Mile” Award Requirements
- Nominations may be made by organizations similar to the following:
- A school
- An athletic organization
- A governmental, non-profit, civic, educational, or faith based organization
- Nominees for both awards should be from the following areas (alpha order):
- Coaches, trainers, and assistants
- Counselors, mentors, and assistants
- Teachers, tutors, and assistants
- Youth group leaders, advisors, and assistants
- Nominees must meet the following conditions:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Serve an organization based in Arlington or the AISD
- Work or volunteer in one of the above four areas serving youth
- Agree to attend the Servant Leadership Appreciation Luncheon on April 11th, 2019.
- Have not been nominated for this award before.
- 2019 Time table:
- January 1st: Nomination Start Day
- March 23rd: Nomination Deadline
- March 30th: Honorees will be notified.
- April 11th: Awards Luncheon Day
(Click here) for instructions on nomination procedures and award requirements.