“Extra Mile” Award Instructions & Nomination Procedure
- All nominating organizations should appoint a representative to work with the nominee; this will help ensure an accurate and high quality nomination for submission. The quality of the nomination will play an important part in determining recommendations by the selection committee.
- Only complete nominations will be accepted (see below). Nominations may either be completed on-line by March 30th or be mailed (post marked) NLT March 28th to The Alliance for Youth, PO Box 13579, Arlington, TX, 76094.
- All nominees must confirm in their nomination that they will attend the luncheon.
Complete applications must include:
- A nominating letter which includes the following paragraphs:
- Award The opening paragraph must clearly indicate the award (Volunteer or Staff) for which this person is being nominated. A person can be nominated for only for one — not both.
- Servant profile (500 words max). Provide examples of how the nominee demonstrated the value of servitude:
- Leader profile (500 words max). Provide examples of how the nominee led community efforts.
- Service profile (500 words max). Provide key dimensions of the nominee’s service to the community.
- Contact information (phone, address, e-mail address) for:
- Organization submitting the award
- Organizational leader approving the award (include title)
- Attendance: Statement that nominee will attend the First Rate Living Luncheon on May 24th.
- Waiver: All letters of nomination must include the following statement: “Our organization and our nominee (provide name) understands that the decision of the selection committee and board are final and we waive our rights to dispute or challenge that decision.”
- Letters of recommendation
- Two letters are required; one extra letter may be submitted.
- Preferably prepared by:
- Youth or alumni from program/team
- Parent of youth
- Member of the organization (board, staff, volunteer, etc.)
- Each letter must include contact information (phone, address, e-mail address) of person preparing the letter.