The Arlington Alliance for Youth
The Arlington Alliance for Youth, composed of youth advocates in Arlington, helps mobilize both citizens and key agencies around the five promises embraced by America's Promise (www.americaspromise.org).
These five promises encourage communities to support their youth by providing:
- Caring adults
- Safe places with structured activities
- Healthy start and lifestyles
- Effective education
- Opportunities for community service.
By fulfilling the above promises, we help build the character and competence of our youth. Additionally, those youth receiving these promises are five to ten times more likely to make good grades in school, avoid risky behavior, and, when they become adults, to be good citizens that care about their community and its youth.
The Arlington Alliance for Youth, Inc. is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It strives to promote the five promises through the Signature Programs shown on the right side of the page. Financial information about the Alliance can be obtained from our Treasurer.
- Craig Wietz, President (First Rate, Inc.; firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Jim Walther, Immediate Past President (Southwest Kiwanis; email@example.com)
- Marc Marchand, Executive Vice President (City of Arlington; Marc.Marchand@arlingtontx.gov)
- Amir Ajami, Vice President (Southwest Kiwanis; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sheila Sutton, Vice President (Cornerstone Baptist Church; email@example.com)
- Cheryel Carpenter, Vice President & PR Director (APD Communications; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Turney, Treasurer (Kiwanis Club of Arlington; Dturney683@aol.com)
- Idalina Yoakum, Secretary ( Arlington Physicians; email@example.com)
- Dr. Harold Smith (University of Texas at Arlington; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Steve Willey (Rotary; email@example.com)
- Wendy Carrington (AISD; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tim Cameron (YMCA; email@example.com)
- Tavian Harris (Seasons of Change; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don Henry (Rotary Club of South Arlington; email@example.com)
- Lt. Scott Brown (APD; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kristi Abernathy (At Large; email@example.com)
- Cheryel Carpenter, PR Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kim Wood, Web Content Coordinator, (email@example.com)
- Chris Wood, Web Development, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ken Perkins, Editor of Little Red Wagon Express (email@example.com)