Invest in Youth
We hope that you and your organization will invest in the development of a positive youth presences in Arlington by supporting the Alliance and our signature programs (on the right of this page). These programs reach out to the volunteers in each of our neighborhoods and encourage developmental activities central to the Five Promises. With your support, Arlington will continue to be recognized by America's Promise as a Top 100 Best Community for Young People in this country.
You can play an important role in building our caring community by making either a one-time or periodic (annual, monthly, or quarterly) donation to the Alliance using our national on-line donation system supported by Guide Star and the Network for Good. While making your donation, you may choose to be anonymous, and/or honor someone for their volunteer efforts in the community. We are an IRS approved 501(c)(3) approved organization. Learn more about us.
A Great Case for Giving!
Please take a moment to consider the five promises our youth need to thrive:
- Relationships with caring adults
- Safe places with structured activities
- A healthy start and life styles
- Effective education and marketable skills
- Opportunities to serve others
Children with this support are 5 to 10 times more likely to be successful and become productive adults and good citizens. They are also less likely to become involved in risky behaviors like drugs, sex, violence, or alcohol.
While the development of all our youth must be our first priority, there are two other advantages that benefit our community from saving a youth at risk. First, our community saves up to $2 million dollars over that child's lifetime in costs associated with juvenile and adult crimes, welfare costs, and lower tax revenues. Second, our systematic efforts can develop a sense of caring that will make Arlington a great place where families can raise children and enjoy the benefits of a connected community.
While every city faces similar societal problems, Arlington has the potential of becoming a shining example of how communities can best help and encourage their youth. We have good leaders, concerned citizens, and the desire to make our community a great place for families.
The Arlington Alliance for Youth helps organize and/or support the following activities in pursuit of the Five Promises:
- Arlington's Annual Youth Collaboration Breakfast builds understanding and teamwork between civic, educational, non-profits, governmental, faith-based, and other youth service providers.
- The Small Grants Program encourages more adults to reach out and help our youth learn leadership, community awareness, and commitment to neighborhoods.
- Global Youth Service Day mobilizes youth groups to complete service projects in our community, provides recognition of adult servant leaders of our youth groups, and celebrates the best youth service leaders in our community.
- The Extra Mile Award recognizes those adult leaders in our community that go the extra mile in working with youth.
- The Sheris Growe Youth Service Leader of the Year recognizes youth leaders and youth groups in our community that participate in Global Youth Service Day.
- The Little Red Wagon Express Newsletter is a twice monthly e-newsletter that provides volunteers, youth groups, and their donors with the latest news concerning local youth groups, community support, and national Alliance for Youth (Americas Promise and partners).
How to Mail Your Investment:
Our pledge card (click here) outlines various levels of giving. We encourage you to pledge a level of support that satisfies your commitment to our youth. Please complete the form and mail it with your check to the address provided. Thank you for your help in providing the Five Promises to all of our youth.
Who Invests in Our Youth?We are an IRS authorized 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers you the opportunity to support the above vision. We hope you will join these organizations in supporting the Alliance with your efforts and/or donations (click here).