Alliance Signature Programs
Best Service Project of the Year
(Photo Short Essay) Contest
- Organizations that have registered for Arlington’s Global Youth Service Day or have been awarded a Small Grant for the Semester of Service or Community Service, can apply for this contest.
- The contest has three different levels. Select that level that best represents your group:
- Elementary school
- Junior High
- High School
- Please select the best service project your youth group completed during the past year
- Prepare a poster board display that includes:
- The title of your organization
- Date of project
- Location of the project
- Place 1-4 photos of the event on one poster board
- Prepare a short 300 word essay about the selected project, explaining why you think it is your organization’s best project (14 point font only). Affix your essay to the poster board.
- 7. Your poster board nomination with photo and short essay must be turned in by your group's representative at the Grant & Contest Day, City Steering Committee meeting.
- The youth group with the best photo-essay and the runner up in each level will receive recognition at the City's "Thank You" lunch and awards ceremony,
noon to 1 pm, at Founders' Plaza, on GYSD.
- Winner or runner up organizations will receive a grant that must be used by that organization in the coming 11 months to complete a service project.
- Grants to organizations (winner and runner up) are as follows:
- High School+ level ($200; $100)
- Junior High level ($150; $75)
- Elementary ($100; $50)